Monday, December 22, 2008

Fall 2008 End of the Semester Wrap-Up (Part 2)

What a fantastic semester. Not only have I seen my work improve, but I've also been fortunate to meet and work with a number of great animators throughout this semester. One of those great animators was my animation instructor, Rex Grignon. With his guidance, I learned so much and felt myself making breakthroughs each week. I learned how to properly shoot reference, block, refine, and polish my animation. I learned the finer points of lip sync, and subtleties of acting. I learned the importance of good mechanics. Rex was also able to give me and my classmates key advice on how to control curves once we passed the blocking stage. Even now during the winter holiday I'm still distilling a lot of the information I learned this semester. As per Rex's advice, I'm taking a week off, but I'll be back soon to get things ready for my reel. For now, here are my tests from the BFA class.

Object Interaction Test


Mechanics/Chair Test


Object/Phone Reaction Test

5 comments:

Januel Mercado said...

Amazing. Jaw-dropping, pants-popping, eye-gouging. Seriously Andrew, I'll never meet anyone who can wear shirts the way you do..oh cool, you posted your animation...

Scott said...

Sup man! Lets go play some hockey! Good stuff man, get your car out of the shop!!!!

Charlene Fleming said...

Oh wow. Get hired somewhere already, geez!

I remember seeing "Tube to Tango" years ago before I even knew you thinking how great it was. And watching on ACME the animation you did where the guy was trying to flag down the girl who was going to be hit by a bus... it was good and you were trying to figure out how to fix a wierd arm snap. And now look at this! It's amazing to see how much your work has improved all this time. It's always been inventive and well-thought out but above all, sincere and empathetic. Looking forward to seeing what your career produces! Sorry if I kinda typed your eyes off, just then. ;)

Unknown said...

wow! Thanks for the marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it, you’re a great author.I will remember to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back down the road. I want to encourage one to continue your great work, have a nice day!…advertising | advertisement | production houses in pakistan | pakistani matrimony

Unknown said...


Hi! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and new initiatives in the same niche. The blog gave us useful information to work. You have done an amazing job!
Advertising agencies in London